TAKE PART IN YOUR SPIRITUAL GROWTH
A saving relationship with God begins by drawing near to Him in repentance and receiving the forgiveness and salvation found only in Jesus Christ.
Get Ready to Grow
The path of authentic discipleship commands a lifetime of following.
In Luke 9:23 Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.” Peter echoes this same call even in our most difficult times, “For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps” (1 Peter 2:21).
Walk through our Ministries and take a look at our Calendar. See how you might get involved.
Just remember, no matter where you are in your Christian walk, you don’t need to take that next step alone. Your church family is here to travel alongside—and an army of disciples are ready for you to grow along with them.
“And Jesus said to them, ‘Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.’” ~ Matthew 4:19
Welcome to Salem Evangelical Church. We are a community of believers who seek to bring glory to God through worship and service. Salem Evangelical Church is a place to continually grow in the abundant life that we’ve been created to have through a relationship with Jesus Christ. On Sundays, we enjoy praise and worship music as well as solid teaching from the Word of God. During the week there are many opportunities to get connected into the life of the Church as we seek to continually grow in our relationship with Jesus and take the good news to the ends of the earth. Join us for our weekend services, Sunday school classes, Wednesday night classes, and other opportunities for growth throughout the week.
Salem Evangelical Church was founded in 1865. We are a member of the Pacific Conference of the Evangelical Church of North America, headquartered in Gladstone, Oregon.
Statement of Faith
A Statement of Faith is a written declaration of the church’s position on matters that pertain to the essentials of historical Christianity. At Salem Evangelical Church we affirm the basic doctrines of the Christian faith and the Evangelical Church. The following comprise Salem Evangelical Church’s Statement of Faith:
- The Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to heaven, and in His coming again.
- Eternal life is a gift of God received by faith in Jesus Christ.
- In the Spirit-filled life and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit, resulting from the total dedication of the believer to the whole will of God.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved to eternal life, and those who are lost to eternal punishment.
- That there is a spiritual unity of believers in those who love the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Our church is a place where you and your family will experience love and acceptance by others; spiritual help and healing from God.
GOD LOVES ALL PEOPLE
John 3:16 ~ For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
ALL PEOPLE ARE SINNERS
Romans 3:23 ~ For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
THE CROSS OF JESUS CHRIST IS FOR ALL PEOPLE
Romans 6:23 ~ For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
ALL PEOPLE CAN BE SAVED NOW
Revelation 3:20 ~ Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.
John 1:12 ~ Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God.
MY PRAYER TO RECEIVE JESUS AS MY SAVIOR
Dear Jesus…Please forgive me of all my sins. I am sorry and I repent and confess my sin fully to You. By faith, please come into my heart and life, love me and forgive me as You have promised. I believe that You are the Son of God. Thanks for giving me eternal life. I love you with all my heart. In Jesus’ name, Amen!