May 15th, 2020
As we go into the 3rd month of COVID 19, we find through God’s sovereignty we can trust and have great hope that He is in control as He accomplishes His perfect will in reaching a lost world. We may not have joy in our circumstances; however, we can have incredible joy in our relationship with Christ as He asks us to join Him in reaching out to each other and our community.
With that being said, Pastor Randy has graciously encouraged the SEC pastoral staff to bring this week’s update to you about the life of the church.
- Prayer – SEC pastors meet daily at 8:30 am to pray for your needs in seeking God’s favor and intervention. If you have prayer requests, please consider contacting the church office to be added to the prayer chain and pastor’s prayer time. If you feel motivated to pray for the SEC staff, they are all doing things very differently than they were 2 months ago and are experiencing a time where pastoral care isn’t permitted through normal means. Please pray for patience, perseverance, strength, and wisdom as they each strive to find new ways to be the hands and feet of Christ, while trying to honor social distancing.
- Feeding the Hungry – Over the past six weeks, SEC volunteers and pastors have been blessed to provide food to over 1,525 people in the community through our “drive-thru” food box program. We are thankful for the ministry team, who have faithfully supported our community over the years, in reaching those in need.
- Need Help – For those who are unable to get out, church staff and volunteers welcome the opportunity to serve you by assisting with your store and pharmacy errands. We have assisted 30 families so far and are pleased to continue serving you in this area. If you have needs in this area, please contact the office at 503 581-0102 for assistance.
- Personal Contacts – It has been an honor and a blessing for the pastors to make over 3,539 personal contacts with you by checking in, praying for, and encouraging you and your families over the past five weeks. It is exciting to be a part of your family in coming alongside you through encouragement and prayer.
- Multimedia Ministry Connections – The pastors continue to find creative ways to reach families and youth in the life of the church through Facebook, Zoom, and YouTube.
- Mid High – Pastor Daniel connects with the Mid High through the YouTube channel with games and Bible studies. He also uses a secured website to interact with students and youth leaders daily and follows up with Zoom meetings on Sundays at 1:00 pm. If your Mid Higher would like to join in, contact Daniel at email@example.com.
- High School – Pastor Justin encourages the youth to connect with their peers and youth leaders through Zoom meetings on Wed nights at 7:00pm and on Sundays at 11am for a time of encouragement from God’s Word. You can connect with Justin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Children’s Ministry – Children’s Director Carol and Lisa connect with children and parents through a live Facebook session every Monday, as well as weekly interactive Children’s Church and “Fun with Frankie” every Tuesday. You can connect with Carol at email@example.com
- New Ministry Connection for Children – Beginning this coming week, we will have “Church to Go” boxes for preschool through 5th grade. There will be an age appropriate Bible lesson, game, and craft in every box as well as an opportunity to win prizes! The boxes can be picked up in the covered drive-thru, outside of the worship center, Wednesdays from 9:30 am to 10:30 am or Thursdays from 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm. We recommend doing the “Church to Go” box on Sundays, to help maintain a routine of Sunday School for kids and families.
6. Worship and Live Streaming – Many thanks goes out to the SEC volunteers and staff who have ramped up the ability to connect with you better by providing live streaming on weekdays and Sundays over the past two months, in order for you to hear from the Word of God and worship Him through song.
The SEC staff are blessed as we serve you. May your week be filled with His love, grace and mercy.
Philippians 1:6 – Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Your Pastoral Staff