Update on Search for Senior Pastor
November 12, 2020
The Search Committee has reviewed applications from about 45 candidates, however, we do not feel that any meet the qualifications needed for our church. We are confident that the LORD will provide the pastor He has chosen for SEC – in His timing. Psalms 27:14 tells us to “Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD.”
We continue to review new candidates as they apply, but it is unlikely that we will have a new senior pastor by January 1. In order to bridge the gap until a new pastor is found, the Pastor-Parish Committee has made arrangements for a highly qualified, experienced interim pastor to come to SEC. This pastor is currently serving at another church, and will begin at SEC in February; he is not a candidate for the senior pastor position. We have asked pastor Randy to stay on until the end of January, and he has graciously accepted. The interim pastor has asked that we not release his name until he has had an opportunity to inform his current church he is leaving. However, you won’t have to wait long to know who he is, because he will be presenting the sermon at SEC on November 22. We are excited to have a pastor of his ability coming to SEC and looking forward to introducing him to you on the 22nd.
We ask that you continue to pray:
- For unity and patience within the SEC Family, staff, and Search and Pastor-Parish Committees as we wait on the LORD.
- For wisdom and discernment from the Holy Spirit for the Search and Pastor-Parish Committees as they review candidates.
- That the LORD will provide a senior pastor who is solid in the Word; “a man after God’s own heart.”
- For the man God has already chosen for our pastor, that he would clearly hear the LORD’s call and respond.
- For our interim pastor as he serves the SEC family until a senior pastor is found.
- For Pastor Randy and Joanie for wisdom and discernment as they seek God’s direction for their lives.