Salem Evangelical Church
Church size approx. 1100+
Salem Evangelical Church in Salem, Oregon is seeking a man who loves and preaches God’s Word, and desires to shepherd a congregation who loves God, loves each other, and wants to be a light to our community and around the world. He understands and lives by God’s standard as expressed in Titus 1:5-9 and I Timothy 3:1-7. While extensive ministry experience is a requirement, our new Pastor must have a heart for teaching God’s Word, the ability to lead people, and desire to train others to continually strive to grow in the Lord, using their gifts and talents to get involved and serve.
- Be a sincere, spirit-filled, mature, and growing disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Inspire and challenge our church to become more like Jesus through missions, prayer, outreach, and loving others.
- Faithfully and joyfully minister in accordance with the policies, vision, and doctrine of the Evangelical Church in the Wesley-Arminian tradition.
- Primary responsibility is to preach, teach, build up and mentor the ministerial staff, and nurture our congregation with an emphasis on evangelism.
- Oversee the ministries of the church.
- Be mission minded for the lost in our community and around the world.
- Work with our team of ministerial staff to provide pastoral care through visitation, prayer, counseling, mentoring, funerals, and weddings for church congregation.
- Hire, supervise, develop, and evaluate ministerial team and church staff.
- Work in conjunction with Pastor Parish, Church Council, and Trustees.
- Committed to using social media as a communication tool.
- Pursue personal growth through private study, conferences, and continuing education.
Post Covid-19, a redesign of ministries may be needed. Be willing to work with the ministerial team and church staff to meet the changing needs of our congregation and government regulations.
Annual salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience and education. This salary can be broken up as salary and housing allowance to fit the pastor’s situation and for his optimum living and tax advantage.
Salem Evangelical Church:
https://salemec.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/SalemEC
Pacific Conference: https://pacificecna.org/resources
Salem Area: salemareachamber.com.
Those who meet minimum qualifications should submit an application by August 15, 2020 including:
- Your RESUME.
- A COVER LETTER of not more than one page including your reasons for applying and how you heard about the position.
- A VIDEO in digital format (e.g. links of videos, YouTube postings, podcasts, or a DVD) of you delivering a sermon to a large group that best represents your preaching and teaching ability.
Applications can be submitted electronically to: email@example.com OR mailed to:
Superintendent Randy Myers 11501 SE Sunnyside Road, Suite 200 Clackamas, OR 97015
Once your resume, cover letter, and teaching submission is received you may be contacted for a phone or in-person interview.