Acorn Acres is the childcare and preschool ministry here at Salem Evangelical Church. We value children and take children’s ministry seriously, therefore, we are very intentional about what we teach and how we teach it.
Our Mission with Children
We aim to provide your children support for growth into a Christian life.
GUIDING PRINCIPLES OF EARLY CHILDHOOD MINISTRY
(Serving children from Newborn to Kindergarten)
We believe the Bible is vital to our ministry. We teach principles based solidly on God’s Word in a way that is exciting, creative, and relevant. Our Sunday morning programs includes an overview of the Bible every two years.
We believe the christian life is best modeled through relationships. Each child is placed in a group supervised by adult staff who are committed to building authentic relationships with each child and his or her parents. We have over 120 volunteers in the preschool ministry who are dedicated to loving your children and helping them learn more about Jesus. For the safety of your child, all of our volunteers have been screened with a background check.
We believe that church should be fun. We strive to make our church a place where children want to be and we look forward to serving your children. While in our care your child will get to experience singing, stories, games, free play, puppets, color sheets, crafts, and more.
“They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of HIS splendor.” ~Isaiah 61:3
Safety & Wellness
Please review our safety and wellness policies to ensure a safe environment for all children under our care.
We ask that you keep your child at home if they have experienced the following symptoms within the past 24 hours:
- Skin infection
- Persistent Cough
- Non-clear, runny nose
- Adults and children are given corresponding family numbers for authorized adults to check-in and check-out children
- Children will NOT be released without the proper number tag
- Pagers are available for nursing or concerned parents
- Trained medical staff is available during each service
- All volunteers are screened and background checked before serving in our classrooms
- Twice yearly training is presented to all workers
- A safe ratio of children to adults is required in each classroom